I will come right out and say it: I am taking a break for two months. I have been going solid since my first post here on March 14, 2020.
That’s your TL;DR, but if you want to see what it’s like to own a blog (stats on such), stick around and hang out.
Don’t worry – I am not going anywhere; I have a lot more to say, but I have to focus on some other goings-on in life like my career, honestly, which will be apropos of this blog itself. I am even pondering setting up my own home lab, but it’s still rattling around in the ol’ noggin’.
If I do, you’ll be the first to know . . . in August some time.
Also, the weather is nice, so there’s that.
Some TOC Stats
- First Post here: March 14, 2020.
- The most visited post: The Dunning-Kruger Effect and You
- Visitors this year: 5,125, which is 160 visitors per day. How many of those are unique, human (not bot) visitors, I have no idea.
- By comparison, in 2020 total for the whole year, I had 5,835 visitors, so I should be passing that up shortly, halfway through 2021.
- I average about 3 posts per month, which has been my goal since day 1. In fact, slightly higher, but I expect this to continue . . . in August some time.
It’s not bad under the circumstances. The biggest way to build readers is through live events . . . and . . . you know . . . like . . . we haven’t really had those.
Also, I am not William Lam, so, there’s that.
Honestly, I know I have helped at least a handful of people, going by those who have emailed me directly, so that’s all the counts, really.
If you want some literal comic relief, you can catch me on Bicoastal Boozecast (NSFW).
See you in a couple of months. Thanks for reading!
Hit me up on twitter @RussianLitGuy or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I would love to hear from you.